Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Cool Kitchen Tool

And no, it doesn't go in a drawer.

Epicurious has a Peak-Season Map which shows you what's in season in your state at any given time.

I love this. Not to preach from the gospel according to Alice Waters or anything, but seriously, everyone should use this, at all times.


I had no idea artichokes were in season in California now. I thought they were just a spring vegetable! What a delightful surprise.
Check it out!


P. S. Sorry I've been slacking on the blog. I've been out of town fourteen days since the last post and all that travel makes for a lack of time for homemade anything. I even had people over and the only thing I made from scratch was cookies - a recipe I've made so many times I have it memorized.

These are, indeed, dire times. 

I'm optimistic I'll be able to crank out some goodness over the upcoming holidays. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.

No comments: