Thursday, July 07, 2011

Eleven Things I Love Right Now

This exhibit at SFMOMA.
It's fantastic. Some of the art gave me chills. I'm serious.  



This ring.
A gift to myself for things done well.



Tomato salad.
I make this with whatever ripe heirlooms I have, then I add whatever's in the fridge that looks good. Tonight it was basil and avocado. I always dress this simply with olive oil, sherry vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. And it is always so good. Be sure to drink the juices from the bowl at the end - that's the best part. (Or, if you live with another person, perhaps use a spoon for the juices rather than drinking directly from the bowl as I tend to do when alone.)


Navy blue.

Summer fruit.

Ridiculously girly shoes.

Summer fog.

The color, shape, scent and general state of being of these fresh lychees.

Muhammara with homemade pita chips.
The muhammara isn't homemade (yet) but I intend to tackle that soon 'cause I'm obsessed with this stuff. Here's the recipe, in case you want to give it a go before I get a chance to. Homemade pita chips are super easy: Heat oven to 375, cut pita into wedges, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, bake for 10 minutes. Tastes honest and healthy, not like the pita chips you get at the store.


This song.

And last, but not least, this emoticon:

:(|)

It's a monkey!
And if there is one thing I am sure of, it's that we all need a few more monkeys in our lives.




No comments: